For years Mike has been saying we should go to the hill airforce base museum, and for years I have been saying "someday." Well I finally consented and we went, and it was waaaaayyyy cooler then I thought it would be!
The kids loved being next to these huge planes. It gave us a great chance to talk to them about the different world wars and what the people in my grandpa's generation sacrificed for us. They soaked it all in. Nick was especially receptive. I will admit though that Kyle was more interested in getting out of the stroller.
I couldn't help myself, I had to take a ton of pictures. One day I will mount them on the walls of Mike's future hobby room. That is if he ever finds time for his hobbies again...
The kids love touching the planes.
Sorry my pics from inside the museum did not turn out as well, but there were old air planes everywhere along with a lot of the military stuff from that time. It was like taking a step back in time, Mike was in heaven!
No comments:
Post a Comment