Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Spanish Grandpa and Grandma

My Dad and Mom are the best! They have accepted a call to serve as mission presidents in South America, and are now our designated Spanish Grandpa and Grandma! We are very excited for them and this new adventure they are going on. We had a lot of family get togethers, parties and dinners before they left, but I can't find the pictures I took of any of them (they probably got lost in the comptuter shuffle.)

In preparation for them to leave for three years many of my family members got together to help get their house ready for renters. It was a lot of work but a lot of fun to be around all the people I love! I have posted a few pictures of our efforts.

We had a lot of painting to do and one of the rooms was my brother's with this giant Michigan M on the wall. My sister and I had the great idea of writing "Ohio" over it. The two schools are friends anyway right?




We also had some fun little helpers in the basement for the painting. It only took us 12 hours of scrubbing to get the paint off the floor after! They were sure good helpers though.


This is Kyle performing his chore of cleaning the sink. He did a pretty good job too.


We were detail oriented when it came to cleaning the house. This is me cleaning the back side of the stair banister, grandma volunteered to hold my feet. I am pretty sure she won't do that again!


This is a picture of the bathroom wall before we painted all of it.


This is the picture after it was painted. Pretty huh!


Finally this is a picture of the kitchen after the sink was replaced, the cupboards were washed, the lights were cleaned, the walls were painted, the floor was waxed, the light switches were scrubbed, the banister was polished, and the carpet was cleaned.

Thank you so much to everyone that helped! I am sorry I didn't take more pictures of all the working hands. We recently talked to the renters who are there now and they said they loved it so much we might have to kick them out after three years! Yay...our hard work will hopefully pay off!


No comments:

Post a Comment