Sunday, April 5, 2009

THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!!

Well, you can now all officially go underground into your secret bunkers and start living off your food storage. The end of the world must be here because I have finally started a blog!! I do have to warn everyone that may read this blog whether it be out of curiosity, boredom, or force, that I am also using this as kind of a family journal. In other words it may be very boring!!! Consider yourselves warned now so don't be leaving any comments about how you wanted to poke your eyes out after reading it!
OK, now that I have started my first blog on such a great note I guess I should do some updating. Currently Mike, the kids and I are house sitting my grandparents house. The house is very well behaved, we haven't even had to put it into time out! My kids even love giving it showers, I am sure that the door, stool, and sink have never been so clean. (no offence Grandma)



















I am pretty sure the house and us will go through some separation anxiety when we have to leave which will apparently be in november. We have signed to build a new house north of Logan. They will start building in June and finish in November. We are really excited because hopefully we will NEVER move again.
For a couple of updates on the kids. Nick is in the "getting into everything--literally" stage. Tonight I caught him trying to put his head into the toilet and flushing it! Good thing he couldn't reach the lever and have his head in the water at the same time!! He climbs into drawers, hampers, closets, garbage cans, and several other things I have posted below. Seriously, if there is some kind of a career for getting into things (besides toilets) he should really go after it so he can at least get paid for it!!


Andi is, as my mom likes to say, "All Girl." She is ALWAYS wanting to wear a dress and her "special" shoes. We are trying to keep her life as balanced as possible, so I took her skiing a couple of weeks ago for the first time. We started on the rope tow run so we could work on some technique. However, she kept begging for me to take her on the chair lift to go down Little Beaver so I finally gave in. She was doing great on the lift until we got about half way up the mountain at which point she asked me how we were going to get down. After I told her we had to ski down the hill she started screaming and crying. Don't worry though we took it very slow but we did make it down. These are the pics of a proud (and very tired) mom and happy daughter.
Well, there is my first blog. Like I said, if you go and poke your eyes out it is not my fault...You were warned! -Jo

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for the update. I love your blog! Way to clean kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about time! I am so happy you started a blog! I love seeing what you guys are up too. Thats neat you are building a house. I am way jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world! It's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Joann! It is fun to see the pictures and read what is going on day to day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurray! I'm glad you finally surrendered! Although I am a little disappointed I had to read your blog to find out you are building a new house!! Oh well, I guess I deserve it after my trick on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. On this beautiful Sunday Morning, I finally got to see your blog. Well done, Joann. Now all you have to do is keep it up and let us see how the house is coming. Thanks for sharing. I love these family blogs.
    Granpa S.

    ReplyDelete